Need a better tool - equipment advice sought

For hardware related questions and answers, notes, instructions
regnen11

Need a better tool - equipment advice sought

Post by regnen11 »

I've new neighbors just down the street. Early twenties - She's really cute (short blonde with large breasts).

It's a two story house at the end of the block. It sits on the corner of our street and a moderately busy throughfare. Their bedroom is on the second floor at near end of the house.

I can see the bedroom window from my backyard. Was out late the other night and upon returning, I noticed a faint light was on in that window. The window doesn't have curtains but rather a blind. Cutting through the next yard, I was able to see two of the posts of their four poster bed.

The window was closed. I couldn't hear anything. A shame since I could see those posts were really rocking.

It's moderate weather right now and I ran down earlier this week just to check things out. The window was open.

I picked up an inexpensive shotgun microphone last winter and have been trying it out. It works well enough out to 10 or 15 yards/meters. I can get a decent angle on the window within that range.

Sadly, road noise from the opposite side of the house is preventing me from really picking up anything. I've access to an area directly below the window but the ground slopes away at that point and its 7 or 8 yards/meters up to the window.

I'm wondering if my best chance would be a small microphone on a boom so that I can get the mic as close to the source as possible.

Would appreciate any suggestions / advice....

note: it may well be September or October before I can implement them

Thanks!

Reg