Optimum settings for Zen Nano?

For hardware related questions and answers, notes, instructions
mjj9994
Knight

Optimum settings for Zen Nano?

Post by mjj9994 »

Okay... so I 'broke in' my Zen Nano MP3 player/recorder. Unfortunately.. either the very small pinhole mic is not good enough or.. my settings are off, because the sounds I got were very low-volume and had a lot of background noise (high-pitched hissing, etc).

Compared to my low-end MP3 player, you would think this one would do a better job. Am I doing something wrong or is this the best that this thing can do? Anyone that has any sugguestions.. please help! I like the style/size/fucntions of this unit.. but if I am going to loose quality, then I guess I will just stick with my cheapo ebay-bought units.

I used the "microphone" vs "MP3 encoding" and have the 128-bitrate selected (choices are 96/128/160). I do not think choosing 160 bitrate would make much of a difference as far as the hiss and background noise goes.

I left all the other settings on the Zen as factory, so maybe there is something I need to 'tweak' to make the proper adjustments. Any advice?

I can try and put up a 'sample clip' for example if needed.. but may have to load it to rapidshare or something, as the ones I currently have are 'uneditted' and rather large (40-50mb).

Thanks,
Mark