Lesson Learned

Share your experiences
reggind
Knight

Lesson Learned

Post by reggind »

Ok, I should have known better as this very thing has bit me in the ass before, but honestly, I thought we were over it..

I had a long drive yesterday, in fact it was most of yesterday. I am still pretty toasty. I had been saving up sound files in one folder and my car driving tunes in another folder on the USB stick for the car stereo. I thought it would be in "interesting" mix.

Sadly it would up costing me about a half hour in my commute. I got started and everything was good, until the third track or so, sex sound track was recorded at some crazy bit rate and my poor car stereo did not know what to do with it, it kind of freaked out on it. Sadly neither the remote nor the real control would function... So I could not skip it. Pulling the stick and re-inserting did not help. Somehow it wound up resetting the entire damn stereo. Shit! I had to pull over at a rest stop, dig my laptop out of it's bag, and try to copy all the non tunes onto the laptop. Of course the battery took a shit while I was doing that, so I had to dig out my little cig to 120V thing and the power cube for the computer. I got the move started and took off, no sense in waiting while it worked. I hit the next rest stop 150 miles down the road and ran chkdsk on the stick and shoved it in and Ahhh tunes.. Put the rest of the crap away and I was good to go with music but no amusements.

Oddly enough I was screwed that way 2 decades ago when MP3's were young. I got one of the first mp3 disk players and I had a friend who just had surgery so I gave him the player and I made a few disks of old radio shows. Sadly most of them are recorded at crazy low bitrates and the player also did not know how to handle them. Very similar, only I suspect the sounds were all much nigher then normal.

So, make a note to yoruself if you wanna play any of this stuff in the car, you should transcode it all into mp3 format with a very nominal bit rate as many non computer players have a real hard time with anything odd.

On the plus side, I have a sitload of stuff to listen to some night now....
alphonse01

Re: Lesson Learned

Post by alphonse01 »

Lesson learned, thanks!
Love22

Re: Lesson Learned

Post by Love22 »

Learned, thank you 😊