Suggestion for improvement of sounds files quality ?

For "how to do this" questions and answers, notes, instructions
hecatonchires100

Suggestion for improvement of sounds files quality ?

Post by hecatonchires100 »

Hi,

I try desperately to get my own record to share with you, but for now, it is an impossible mission...
For years i'm condemned only to listen sex sounds and think: "When I'll be taller, I swear, I'll also do it !!...". :roll:
I've heard a lot of sex files on the site and most of them are incredible. Many thanks for people who do it, sometimes with some risks.

But, some of these records has to, or can be improved. Besides problems of distances, walls, bad sounds environment and other, the problem is often because of the recorder's background noise itself, which can mask the useful signal a lot.
It's possible to denoise the file but only with a part of it with only the background signal and the very minimum of other noises (voices or else).
The best indeed is when there is the background signal only.

So I propose this suggestion:
Is it possible, for each sound recorded, to add (or integrate in the file, at the beginning or end) just a blank record with only the recorder's background signal, or possibly only the natural sound environment at the time of record ?
The only constraint is to have at least a 10 seconds record file. 20 or 30 seconds could be very good.

What do you think ?

Stay safe.
reggind
Knight

Re: Suggestion for improvement of sounds files quality ?

Post by reggind »

That can help, some, though you can often times get a decent baseline noise if you listen and find space between things. Also, for a lot of files, where the sound of interest is both low and infrequent, you can tag the whole thing as the baseline noise and it still does a pretty good job.

Give it a try sometime.