What would you do if.....

Share your experiences
mjj9994
Knight

What would you do if.....

Post by mjj9994 »

So... I was at work today, filling in for someone that arrrives later than I do. Well.. she is about 15 minutes late and gets there all harried and whatnot. When she finally sits down to settle in she leans in and says "you know.. I probably shouldn't be telling you this...." and I figured it would be some gossip about someone at work or something (she is about 60+ yrs old and has worked there forever). Well.. she goes into how she has neighbors that are on vacation and their son is house-sitting for them or something. Well.. apparentlly he has a steady girlfriend/wife that is with him (her exact word were "I didn't see the ___ car she drives in the driveway)... so I guess she is pretty familiar with them.

Annnywho.. to get to the point. She then says the reason she was late was because she was sound asleep and "got woke up at 4am". She said the guys neighbor is a 'real screamer" (her exact word)... so I am guessing this is not the first time she has 'overheard' them... and her bedroom window must be speaking distance from theirs as she said after a period of time she just spoke out and asked ___ (cant remember the guys name) that it was 4am and if they could take their antics to another room...lol.

Anywho.. my predicament is... what should I do with this information? I mean... as tempting as it is to go record this (I know the co-workers address from a work recall roster).... but I am a bit worried it may be too risky (the community she lives in is pretty small and exclusive, with lots of regular police patrols). Plus... I really dont want to sit outside and 'stalk' all night.. but wouldn't mind setting up a disguised mic or something... but I would still have to pick it up and hope nobody notices it during the time I leave it and pick it up.

Soo... my question is... what should I do...? Oh... and I don't know how long the son/gf will be 'house-sitting'.... so don't know how long they will be at that address.
shung421

Post by shung421 »

I would probably avoid that one. Too much risk of being seen by a co-worker somewhere you don't belong. Plus, even if you left a microphone somewhere you might get nothing for all your risk.

That is a bummer to know about something like that and not be able to take advantage though!
Last edited by shung421 on 18 Jul 2006 05:26, edited 1 time in total.
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

although i hate to write that, i think i would not take the risk to place a mic there. no chance to ask her for a little favor i guess? or to invite yourself to her house for a cup of tea?
still thinking ...
yeppie
mjj9994
Knight

Post by mjj9994 »

I went with the route you guys chose.

I kind of put it under the 'another file I coulda got.. ah well' category. Thanks for the inputs though.

The co-worker I only know from work, and not at a personal level much at all (we chat for maybe 5 minutes total each week). So it would definately be too aqward to invite myself over.

Plus, between the environment (very quiet upscale neighborhood, lotsa cops and a coworker right next door)... the benefits did not outweigh the risk involved in this instance. Oh well..... on the plus side.. i met a nice girl this weekend and hopefully will have some new sounds from her in the near future (if not.... always my Thailand trip in September : )

Thanks all,
Mark