Minimal Equipment For Recording One's Own Sessions

For hardware related questions and answers, notes, instructions
audiophile444

Minimal Equipment For Recording One's Own Sessions

Post by audiophile444 »

I am a fairly new member and a total novice at recording anything, with or without the knowledge of someone. I am also not very technically astute. I have decided that at a future tryst at a motel with an old girl friend, I will try to record our activities, using a camera. I have a hunch she might cooperate since she has sent me nude torso shots. I was thinking of taking some photos using my Canon camera, and then leaving the audio recorder on. Can anyone advise on the use of Cameras for recording sounds? I could leave the camera inches away from the bed on a night stand or anywhere in the that is most efficient. If members do not think using a camera is any good, which is the minimal recording equipment? (There is even a slight chance she might agree to using a sound recorder, but I cannot bank on that.) I do not want to spend a lot of money particularly since I may not be able to use it more than a handful of times a year. Thanking you all in advance, Audiophile
reggind
Knight

Re: Minimal Equipment For Recording One's Own Sessions

Post by reggind »

You should be able to use your camera, it may or may not light up, and it may or may not have an audio only mode. If you have to record video as well, you are going to cook through your memory card fast.

You can also use your smart phone. Again you may or may not be able to lock or turn the screen off to make it less obvious. There are a lot of apps for recording for both iphones and androids.

Than, if you can plan a month or more in advance, there are the USB stick recorders. You can get one on Amazon for under $10. They look like a normal USB stick. These generally have lights on them too, but that is curable with a little piece of black tape. These are small so you can use it as a key chain fob and it will not get a second look.
audiophile444

Re: Minimal Equipment For Recording One's Own Sessions

Post by audiophile444 »

Many thanks for the advice. My camera does have an audio only mode. I think I'll shoot for the USB stick recorder. I am keeping my fingers crossed that within two months or so I will be able to make a contribution to the site. I'll give you a heads up. Regards, Audiophile