Audition - Reducing the Cost of Adobe CC

For "how to do this" questions and answers, notes, instructions
emmpet8
Knight

Audition - Reducing the Cost of Adobe CC

Post by emmpet8 »

I have noticed comments about the cost of Audition and agree that Adobe apps are not cheap, but there are ways of legitimately reducing the cost. I personally started subscribing to Adobe CC as I use Premiere Pro and Photoshop a lot. It's actually a lot cheaper than the old Creative Suite upgrades used to be. At this point, it is worth pointing out that I do subscribe to the package that allows access to every Adobe app, but the difference between a single app subscription and the whole suite is not significant.

The first way of reducing the cost is by using the educational discount. If anyone in your house is at school, college or university you qualify for it. All Adobe require is a simple headed document saying that a person is studying or works at one of those places. The proof I submitted just said; "I can confirm that ******* is on roll here." That was followed by a squiggle for a signature and some title under it. At the time I thought Adobe might question it, but it was accepted. I will also add that it was genuine.

The second way of reducing the monthly cost is to share with another person that you trust. Adobe CC allows two machines to be using apps at the same time and they do not need to be in the same location. A friend or relative with young people might be interested, as educational establishments in the UK use many Adobe apps extensively for Media and Design related subjects, so it can be a big help if students have access at home. I would also add that the latest tools in Audition that use algorithms are very impressive and so simple to use.

Based on my own current costs, it would work out at a fraction over £13 a month if you could use both the suggestions above. Under £160 a year, for the latest version of software that used to cost thousands to buy.