PIMP MY GEAR Equipment Photos

For hardware related questions and answers, notes, instructions
mjj9994
Knight

PIMP MY GEAR Equipment Photos

Post by mjj9994 »

Here is a picture of the Voice Recorder prizes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mjj9994
Knight

Post by mjj9994 »

Here are some photos of the Microphones for contest winners
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mjj9994
Knight

Post by mjj9994 »

Here is a shot of the entire equipment group (note.. 9v battery, cell phone, lighter, MP3 player, sunglasses and toilet paper roll are used only for scale/size comparison... items not included in contest).

The left side is the unassembled microphones that I will be customizing per the contest winner's requests.
Last edited by mjj9994 on 01 May 2006 05:35, edited 3 times in total.
mjj9994
Knight

Post by mjj9994 »

Here is a shot of a complete unit ready for use. Notice entire unit is only slightly longer (and smaller in diameter) than a toilet paper roll.
regnen11

nice set up

Post by regnen11 »

Mark,

Nice work. For anyone else - all of the capture's I've made were recorded on Olympus digital voice recorders.

Reg
This_Old_Cub

My own recordings

Post by This_Old_Cub »

How can I record my gf and I without her knowing? Such as, how would I get it turned off when finished without her knowing.

Additionally, how could I get ahold of one of the devices you are showing?
mjj9994
Knight

Post by mjj9994 »

Hiya Old Club! You would be the first (and only so far) contest entry....

To enter the 'contest... follow the link below which explains what to do. As far as keeping the equipment 'concealed'.... the microphone is separate from the recording device.... and the recorders last between 4-16 hours (depending on the quality).

A typical scenario for myself would be:
- Start recording before your partner (comes home/enters the bedroom/etc). Then simply stop recording once they use the restroom or just leave it recording (it will stop automatically and not record over). The batteries will last well after the recording has maxed out (long as they are fresh), so no worry about running out of battery time.

There are 2 recorders available... one has a manual search (you have to manually search for your content (like an old-style tape recorder, using FF, except it is digital), then you use audio cables (like a male-male headphone size cable) and connect the unit to your PC, then record to MP3 using realplayer or some other audio editting program (you may want to ask one of the audiophille experts here.. I know hardware pretty well... but not software).

The other recorder unit has a USB-out which means you can transfer it straight to your PC and edit the recording there.

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have in the thread below. Thanks again for your interest.. and hope to help you in your audiovoyer ventures!

- Mark

http://www.yeppie.org/ssl-forum/viewtopic.php?t=221