app for Nokia N8-00

For software related questions and answers, notes, instructions
maigo1979

app for Nokia N8-00

Post by maigo1979 »

Hi,
i want my Nokia N8-00 use as a voice recorder. Did someone know a good free app? This embeded voice recorder can only save 1 minute. I test the app Voice Recorder from Offscreen Technologies Ltd, but i cant save/download the recordings.

Is it a good idea to take the cellphone as a voice recorder or is it better to take an standalone voice recorder (which should i take)?

Thanx for your answers
Audio
Kingpin

Re: app for Nokia N8-00

Post by Audio »

the nokia n800 is a quality phone and will surely make decent recordings. i used the N96 for most of my recordings and they were very clear and good quality. However, if you have enough money, i would also buy a standalone recorder, from what i have heard from other members here OLYMPUS should be a good choice, either the Olympus VN-713 or if money is no object the prime modell Olympus LS-100.
"I must take my hat off in admiration for those intrepid aural lovers, who risk sleep deprivation, reputation, liberty, and life itself (perhaps) to capture the sounds that are posted to this website." © Forum-Member 'Soundbite'
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

... or the Olympus LS-5, the device I am happy with. Not as expensive as the LS-100 but certainly better than a dictaphone. Meanwhile there is a newer and cheaper model, the LS-3 which should be good too.
Sexsounds are Poetry for Adults
Audio
Kingpin

Post by Audio »

thats a good idea yeppie, the middle way...
"I must take my hat off in admiration for those intrepid aural lovers, who risk sleep deprivation, reputation, liberty, and life itself (perhaps) to capture the sounds that are posted to this website." © Forum-Member 'Soundbite'
maigo1979

Post by maigo1979 »

Thank you for your answers. I've buy the LS-3. I've testing it but i can hear more than these recorder. There are many noise and i must learn how to work with audacity to optimize the recordings.
Greetz Maigo
Audio
Kingpin

Post by Audio »

i have also bought the Olympus LS3 and i am fine with it.