PIMP my SOUND... please?

For "how to do this" questions and answers, notes, instructions
learnhownow
Kingpin

PIMP my SOUND... please?

Post by learnhownow »

After much thoughtful discussion (We wrote one another an email) Yeppie and I conceived the idea of an area where members (and guests) can drop off a file that needs a little work. You of course have the option of publishing the original separately or even not using our collective genius to trash your epic works! If you elect to download to this area, it is with the understanding that any member can mess with the file but we promise not to laugh or insert names.
If you have information about the file, its history or format, please let us know. Also, feel free to point out things you think need fixing in the recording.
This is not meant to be a test, requirement, or judgement topic. I hope it helps some of you that are bashful because you don't think your recordings are good enough. Personally, I like unedited tapes except for long periods of silence and extraneous noises. Anyway, Hope we can help!
lhn
:twisted:
mjj9994
Knight

Post by mjj9994 »

Sweet!

Umm... what are the file size limits and where do we send them?
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

got me Mark!

good question and i still have to think about it. i think it would not make sense having the forum´s restrictions for these sounds nor to wipe the restrictions out. maybe we should have some extra place to upload files-to-be-edited.

who has got the best idea how to manage that?
learnhownow
Kingpin

Post by learnhownow »

Gotta be your call, Yeppie...I would think it should be easily accessible as we would probably want newbies to notice it. As far as bandwidth restrictions, I would put a cap on it , let it be checked out, and if it is worthwhile cleaning up then whatever member wished could correspond with the sender to obtain any additional material.
lhn :twisted:
mjj9994
Knight

Post by mjj9994 »

Well... I have a rapidshare account through the end of the year (it costs about $15/year for an account there).... that I would not mind 'sharing' with an elite few for this cause. It is no money out of my pocket, so no harm no foul. The account is good through January and allows a maximum upload of 100mb.
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

mark, your rapidshare account might be a good alternative in the short run as i don´t have the time to care for this issue right now.
i think in the long run i can set up a sexsoundlovers based solution for this. i don´t think there will be too much disk space and bandwith required - if this will turn out to be a wrong assumption, we still can look for another platform again.
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

i just set up a ftp account and subdirectory for files to be edited. anybody with files that he want to upload to be edited by other members should just send an email or pm me and i will give the username and password required.
more information to follow.