Problem uploading. Says extension not allowed?

For software related questions and answers, notes, instructions
HarrisonR

Problem uploading. Says extension not allowed?

Post by HarrisonR »

Just a quick question. I tried to upload some of my recordings, but it kept saying the extension wasn't allowed. I tried converting the audio recordings to wav, mp3, mp4 and various other types, but it always said the extension wasn't allowed, and wouldn't let me upload. Does anybody know how to fix this, or what is happening?

Thanks in advance.
sc0tt-uk
Knight

Re: Problem uploading. Says extension not allowed?

Post by sc0tt-uk »

Guessing this is fixed now, because I've got uploads from you in the cue to be listened to :D

Out of interest, can you tell us what fixed it? Just asking so that we've got a potential answer ready if somebody asks in future.
HarrisonR

Post by HarrisonR »

sc0tt-uk wrote:Guessing this is fixed now, because I've got uploads from you in the cue to be listened to :D

Out of interest, can you tell us what fixed it? Just asking so that we've got a potential answer ready if somebody asks in future.
Actually it took me a long time and several tries to fix it. I think I got it fixed now but I'm not sure if I fixed it for good.

I don't have an answer as to what fixed it. It just started to work on its own.

By the way, what types of sound formats are allowed and disallowed? (I.e. mp3, wav, mp4)
sc0tt-uk
Knight

Post by sc0tt-uk »

Yeppie would be the right guy to put up the full list of supported formats, but from memory I can recall seeing MP3, WAV, MP4, M4A (which as far as I know is just a wrapper for AAC), WMA, and perhaps others. MP3 tends to be the choice around here, as although it's a bit of a shitty format sound-wise, it's so widely supported that it just makes sense.

Glad you got it working. There have been a few problems with the SSL servers getting slammed recently, so there's a fairly high chance that what you were seeing was a result of that.
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

sc0tt-uk wrote:There have been a few problems with the SSL servers getting slammed recently, so there's a fairly high chance that what you were seeing was a result of that.
Scott is right, probably. There is a long list of extensions that you are allowed to upload and all of the ones you mentioned in your initial message are on that list. Great that it worked for you and thanks for trying often!
Sexsounds are Poetry for Adults