Question about splitting a huge personal file into 3 parts

For "how to do this" questions and answers, notes, instructions
cocopuff

Question about splitting a huge personal file into 3 parts

Post by cocopuff »

Hi there. I have two files I am wanting to upload. They are really hot, high quality recordings of a fuck session I had last week with an old fuck buddy I've been getting together with off and on for 20 years. The first file is only 2.4M, so I'm sure that one should be easy. But the second one is 36 minutes in length and comes to 24M (and some change). Obviously I know I can't upload one file that big, but I'm unsure how to split it. I had the files on my Olympus DVR, but once I transferred them to my computer as WAV files, I got rid of the originals, figuring I didn't need them. So is there any way to split them myself, or can you do it if I send the whole file to you? I think you'll agree that it's worth it. Let me know. Thanks.
NiteProwler

Post by NiteProwler »

Are those files still WAV? Then you should first try to encode them to MP3 which should make them much smaller, maybe splitting is not necessary then ...

Cheers,

NiteProwler
cocopuff

not sure how

Post by cocopuff »

...ok, but I'm not sure how to encode them as MP3s. I'm new to this kind of thing
NiteProwler

Post by NiteProwler »

Hi,

there are several ways (i.e. software tools) to convert WAV files to MP3. It might be useful for you ask google and wikipedia to learn more about MP3 in general.

What you will need is a piece of software, an MP3 encoder. This kind of software converts WAV (or or maybe other audio files) to MP3.

An easy-to-use tool for Windows can be found here:
http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

Good Luck!
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

Hi Coco

good to see you posting.

i´d recommend dbpoweramp too, if you need any assistance, let us know. one thing you will have to think about when converting are the settings of the target file like encoding bitrate (kbps - kilobyte per second), frequency (Hz) and channels.

don´t worry, it is not that techie, here are some suggestions.

bit rate:
i usually recommend to convert to mp3 using 64kbps for sexsounds (128 - 192 for music) but some say this should be 128kbps for sexsounds too. with your recordings of 24mb for 36 minutes in wav, even 64kbps would be a waste in disk space. you can never make a clip sound better by converting to a higher bit rate. 32kbps should be your choice with these recordings.
channels: just choose "as source".
frequency: same, "as source" won´t do any harm.

choosing these settings will give you a file of 9mb which might still be little too much to upload. please try and if you don´t succeed, you have 2 options: splitting the file (using this toolfor example) or sending it to yeppie63 [at] email.de.

i´m looking forward to hearing your sound
yeppie