Orbitor Parabolic Microphone

For hardware related questions and answers, notes, instructions
marcus24

Orbitor Parabolic Microphone

Post by marcus24 »

Hi

Im just curious- has any1 ever use it or try it out?

So basically it can pick up sounds and amplify it from 100 M distance. Specially now that summer is knocking on the door, people usually have open windows trough night time... so dont need to run around but just listen and record from stationary position 8)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monocular-Bioni ... 1788965233
yeppie
Site Admin

Re: Orbitor Parabolic Microphone

Post by yeppie »

I bought one a few years ago. It seems to work as you described (pick up sounds and amplify them) to a certain extent. I never really recorded anything as you need a good place to sit and listen. I won´t walk the streets nor sit around at home with a device like that. You might look kind of creepy to people ;-)
Sexsounds are Poetry for Adults
marcus24

Post by marcus24 »

Did you catch any sound with it ( sex sounds ). I know you cant record long sessions with it- its limited like to 12 sec or something- but you can still listen
marcus24

Post by marcus24 »

What about other spy gadgets like laser microphone ?
Do you have any experience with that yeppie or anyone else.
We have this couple living 50 m away from my house (across the street) Really hot one- at least she is hot :lol: . Brunet, medium size, nice hot brests, slim and with hot ass curves. They live in the second floor of that apartment.
I have this recorder Zoom H4n and it really good one( clear sound) - you can spy on people like 50 + m away and hear them like you are standing close- but i dont have luck with them- cant hear anything ( even if you wait like 3 hours for them to fuck ); at least not for now.
I dont know how to describe this feeling but i have this urge of desire to hear them fuck ( this specific couple ) :)
mjj9994
Knight

Post by mjj9994 »

I had a cheap shotgun microphone when I was living in apartments and had no trouble picking up the neighbors that were 40-50 meters on the other side. Granted you would need to be facing the "target window", so if the bedroom faces you then you should be good, but if the bedroom is in the back then it will probably not work.
tweaktweak

Post by tweaktweak »

marcus24 wrote:Did you catch any sound with it ( sex sounds ). I know you cant record long sessions with it- its limited like to 12 sec or something- but you can still listen
I didn't see it clearly mentioned but I'd guess that there would be a way of connecting that microphone to an external recorder to record longer sessions.
Jabberwocky75

Post by Jabberwocky75 »

I had one and yes you can connect it to an external recorder with a mic line in but it was utterly useless. They pick up EVERYTHING. Not only that but if you get the recorder too close you get feedback (good for earwax removal if you aren't expecting it on listening back). Plus you have to be actually stood holding it so either you look suspicious as hell or as you have headphones on can't hear anyone approach from behind (no I'm not being ironic nor did I get caught but worth remembering they only get sounds from in front of where it's pointing). If you cable tie the trigger in you have to leave it somewhere it won't fall from cos when they fall it's VERY noisy as plastic. Basically don't bother! Although as the original post a year old you may have already discovered all this! :D