Philips Speech Air

For hardware related questions and answers, notes, instructions
Audio
Kingpin

Philips Speech Air

Post by Audio »

new dictaphone with android by Philips.

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/technik-moto ... 97227.html
"I must take my hat off in admiration for those intrepid aural lovers, who risk sleep deprivation, reputation, liberty, and life itself (perhaps) to capture the sounds that are posted to this website." © Forum-Member 'Soundbite'
Onlooker
Kingpin

Re: Philips Speech Air

Post by Onlooker »

It looks really interesting, but the price is out of my range. 830-950€! 16GB internal storage is good, but additional support of a memory card and recording in mp3 format would be even better. That said, I expect the quality of recording to be very high judging by my recent acquisition of a Philips DVT 6000 which is doing a great job so far.
I love aural sex.
Jabberwocky75

Post by Jabberwocky75 »

Can I pick your brains on your DVT6000 Outlooker? Is there a way of getting the screen to go off while it's recording? I've read manual, turned the contrast right down and set the back lit option to off but I have to use it face down cos it's still too bright to be subtle. Have you discovered a way or do you tape over screen or similar?
Onlooker
Kingpin

Post by Onlooker »

As it is in the confines of my apartment the lit screen is no problem. But I have thought of taping it when I get to using it outside. The screen goes off after a while. But I don't think it can be set to a certain time. At least I couldn't find the setting either. Only the acoustic feedback can be turned off.

Sorry for the late reply.
I love aural sex.