Some noises from above...

For "how to do this" questions and answers, notes, instructions
rockonthebeat

Some noises from above...

Post by rockonthebeat »

Hello!
I don't know if it is the right place to ask this but I'll have a try.
I live in a really calm appartement (yes, that's sad). But since one week, I can hear some noise from the flat above mine.
In fact, I can hear the couple having sex, but it is really not loud. I can only hear some tiny moaning because it seems my building has got a good sound-proofing.
I was wondering in some of you are in the same situation and if you have any advices for me ! :wink:

thank you !
Jeremy

Re: Some noises from above...

Post by Jeremy »

hi, could you explain the layout of your apartment more? is their bedroom above yours? is it a new couple moved in? are you able to see if their window is open? is their bedroom near their front door? some more detail and we might be able to help......
mjj9994
Knight

Post by mjj9994 »

I was in a similar situation on vacation in Thailand years ago, could hear the occassional moan or whatnot but nothing distinguishable. Low frequency sounds are easier to recognize through walls/floors (like when you hear the bass of a car going by your house) but hopefully the lady does not have a very low voice lol. The only time I could kind of make out anything is trying to listen to the wall close to the headboard and as close to the ceiling as possible. I was able to hear some action with the naked ear, but the recording captured only background noise. Maybe if you can find a vent or electrical cover that could help.
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

rockonthebeat wrote:Hello!
I don't know if it is the right place to ask this but I'll have a try.
I live in a really calm appartement (yes, that's sad). But since one week, I can hear some noise from the flat above mine.
In fact, I can hear the couple having sex, but it is really not loud. I can only hear some tiny moaning because it seems my building has got a good sound-proofing.
I was wondering in some of you are in the same situation and if you have any advices for me ! :wink:

thank you !
did you have any luck?!
rockonthebeat

Post by rockonthebeat »

hello!
thanks everyone for your messages.
@Jeremy : yes, their bedroom is above mine. I don't know if it's a new couple, but one of them is new ;) I can't see if their window is open (it is exactly above mine). Their appartement is same as mine : their bedroom is not tool far from the frontdoor.
As I said, the ceiling is far high in my apartment.
I can cleary hear them having sex especially with the noises of their bed.
But the moaning are not strong enough...
thanks!
thomas
Knight

Post by thomas »

Ok then I would recommend to try it via the frontdoor, either if you listen them spontaneously, of if you recognize when they have their preferred time for having sex of couse at their preferred ocassion...
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

in that case I would suggested getting at least a couple, ideally 3 recorders (so you can rotate and always have charge). also keep your window open slightly (enough so you would be able to hear moaning if she is loud enough, but not enough for them to hear you / your footsteps/coughing etc...!). then try the frontdoor as Thomas suggests. then with both entrances covered (;P) you will be able to capture sounds if they are loud enough.

have you seen them / can you provide a description of her?

and do they have sex frequently / what are their preferred times?

let us know if you have any success! there are not enough neighbour sex recordings atm....
ps3fanboy

Post by ps3fanboy »

I have some drywall experience, so i wouldn't be shy about popping a small 1-2 inch hole in the ceiling that could be easily covered up by a smoke detector. Most smoke detectors are made with a ring that is screwed into the ceiling and the detector itself can be removed easily to replace batteries.

Once i did that i would try to see if i could discretely remove insulation material that might be between their floor and your newly created hole. Standing below the hole on a chair or ladder would probably lead to better sound results. You could even quietly shove a USB recorder up there to catch the sounds.