long term recorder - how?

For "how to do this" questions and answers, notes, instructions
thegfa

long term recorder - how?

Post by thegfa »

I was thinking about a long term recording, so you don't have to get lucky to get some sex sounds and the same device can keep on giving.

I was thinking that you don't want to use a SIM card on a phone, because data is expensive on a pre-paid account and you don't want anything that could be traced back to you.

So what I was thinking was if you can get access to the wifi, you can have the device send back audio to you anonymously.

The things that I am wondering about are, how do you keep the device/phone charged in a way that won't arouse suspicion?

The other was how to push/pull the audio files from the device/phone.
reggind
Knight

Re: long term recorder - how?

Post by reggind »

The inexpensive solution would be a large capacity USB stick recorder. You can get one on Amazon for under $25 that has a memory capacity for 150 hours. You would need to dissect it and replace the on board battery with something with more capacity, like a couple high capacity AA, C or even D cells.
thegfa

Post by thegfa »

I want to be able to leave it for a long period of time, maybe a year or more. I figure I can connect it maybe to an outlet that is behind the bed or something like that.
physicist
Knight

Post by physicist »

thegfa wrote: 26 Mar 2017 04:37 I want to be able to leave it for a long period of time, maybe a year or more. I figure I can connect it maybe to an outlet that is behind the bed or something like that.
I don't think that exists yet. If it does, its military spec or special ops equipment. A recorder that lasts a year will also have crappy recording is its insusceptible to the eye. Plus the longer you leave it, the more chance it has of being found out.

Plus how would you even trawl through some 8765 hours of footage to find an hour or twos clip.

The best bet to get recordings is to put yourself in a situation where they are likely to happen. hotels which are known to attract couples, student dorms, housemate with a bf/gf, you own B&B and the like. That way not only you could get a clearer recording but even be there to witness in front of you which is an experience on its on.