covert software for symbian

For software related questions and answers, notes, instructions
sc0tt-uk
Knight

covert software for symbian

Post by sc0tt-uk »

hi kids - just another software related quest happening here at uncle Sc0tt-uk's that someone might be able to help me along with.

I'm about to sell my old phone, a nokia 6600 which runs the Symbian OS. At the moment, it seems the girl who will be buying it is a friend of a friend, and while she's not a stunner, she's not half bad looking either. I heard her screwing once when i stayed over with her flatmate, and it was a fond memory, so i figured it'd be a good way to catch some recordings if i can make the most of her buying the phone.

I've seen a few apps advertised that run well hidden in Symbian, and except calls only from a preset number (my one) without changing the display, allowing me to check out whats going on. If i could load the phone up with one of these before i sell it, it could be fun for a while right? Heres the catch: i'm absolutely broke this month. From what i've seen so far, there seems to be a big difference in prices for this kinda stuff, and some that are free but more basic and less wellknown. I don't mind laying a bit of cash down for the oppertunity, but I can't spend much this month. If anybody can recommend me an app to do this job thats free or comes in cheap or that they've used to good effect you'd save me a lot of google-time and hopefully help me not to waste money.

thanks in advance...
sc0tt-uk
mjj9994
Knight

Post by mjj9994 »

Wow Scott.. you are a sneaky one (now why didn't I think of doing that..hehe).

Cannot help you much with the app... that is waaaay outside of my area of expertise. Although.. if you have Kazaa/Torrent or another P2P file sharing program.. you may find what you are looking for there (I was able to download full versions of Photoshop and Poser from there with no problem).

My only worry would be that the incoming call would be charged to her bill and she would see it... does this program somehow not use the minutes on her phone? Sounds like an interesting progrram... good luck!

- Mark
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

hey scott-uk, there seems to be a hidden function on some nokia mobiles which turns them into spy phones. i did not understand this website totally, but it looks like you can do this without opening the phone:
http://www.spy-equipment.co.uk/Infininty/infininty.html
(scroll down and don´t look at the prices for buying a prepared phone)
sc0tt-uk
Knight

Post by sc0tt-uk »

hey mark - nope, the call is charged at my end, and since i'd probably be using skype or some other VOIP service so that i can record what goes on easily to upload here, she won't pay a thing and i won't pay too much. Not that i'll be able to monitor the whole time, but it'll be worth checking some nights and specially at weekends - she's a bit of a party animal to be polite about it hahaha.

for anyone else who might follow this topic or do similar research, i just tried out Aglaya Call Magic (sometimes also goes by the name Aglaya Phonespy). its cheap for a reason folks, luckily i got the trial version before i splashed out. It doesn't run particularly well hidden in the OS, although its well hidden enough for a newbie to not notice it. the fault i couldn't ignore was that although the phone doesn't ring before it answers, the call still shows in the log... and with this girl not being someone i'd call regularly i gave up on that app.

still looking... still would appreciate any pointers...
sc0tt-uk
sc0tt-uk
Knight

Post by sc0tt-uk »

hey yeppie - woooo those prices for the prepared phones made me need a sit down haha!
All they're doing is installing and configuring the spy app and then charging a shit load for it. The features sound like they're exactly what i'm looking for, so to do the same thing i'd need to find out which software they're installing on to their prepared phones.
I sent them an email to ask and to see if i can purchase just the software from them, but if people are mad enough to pay those prices for the prepared phones i shouldn't think they'll sell up.
we'll see soon hopefully...
sc0tt-uk
sc0tt-uk
Knight

Post by sc0tt-uk »

ahhh and the afore mentioned email just bounced.
the quest continues...
Rograd

Another Use for the Phone

Post by Rograd »

Here's another use for the phone...

http://kunoichi.info/blog/2006/05/15/ho ... ng-device/

http://bulletproof-incorporation.blogsp ... o-spy.html

http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/306577-1.html

In essence, you disable the ringing and vibration feature of the phone. You leave the phone somewhere and you can just call it up when you want and listen in. Pick it up the next time your over visiting.

Here's a interesting site that claims to have software to do this to some phones for $10 U.S.
Dinky Digger

Post by Dinky Digger »

Hi,

there is a very professional but not quite cheap software for Symbian OS:

http://www.flexispy.com/

It really seems to work as one can read in German here:

http://www.xonio.com/artikel/x_artikel_28323139.html

Cheers,

Digger
shung421

Post by shung421 »

Has anyone tried Rograd's suggestions? Someone (I think it was scottuk) once, intentionally, left a digital recorder in a jacket pocket at a party and got some lucky sounds. But if the digital recorder had been discovered it would have seemed a bit strange. But no one would question a cell phone being left in a jacket pocket.

Of course, any recording made from that would be a lesser quality...
sc0tt-uk
Knight

Post by sc0tt-uk »

I haven't had chance to try out Rograd's links yet, because I sold the phone that started the thread ages ago and my new one doesn't run symbian. I've still got an old N70 kicking around somewhere, so as soon as I find it i'll give it a go.

Shung has a good point about being prepared for your gear to be discovered, which is why I make sure it'll look realistic. If I was going to leave a recorder somewhere, I'd always use a make thats seen more as an mp3 player than recorder like the Zen Nano or iRiver. Put a few songs on there, and although you lose a little of your space/record time, it makes it look like you're carrying around some music not just an empty player. The other thing I always do is to be sure not to have the hold switch on. That way, its true that it could get knocked and stop the recording, but if it's discovered they're only gonna stop the thing anyway, and you've always got the excuse that it's been knocked in your pocket and must have set itself going. Of course none of these are genius ideas or explanations, but if you're prepared for discovery you won't seem flustered if it happens, and it'll be so much easier to pass off as a mistake. Of course, if the person who discovers it seems flustered, the chances are it caught something good, so get the damn player home ASAP!!
Rograd

Post by Rograd »

Scott,

while we're on the subject...okay, I'm straying off the subject just a bit.. do you have any experience with through-wall recording? Those telephone pickup jacks don't seem to do very well. Not sure what else I can try. My apartment building seems way too well built. Nice 20something tenant next door just has my interest.
sc0tt-uk
Knight

Post by sc0tt-uk »

Hi - no experience at all hardly with it... ssorry man. Done my fair share of listening, but since I hit on the idea of recording what I was hearing and discovered what Yeppie and these folks were doing I've been living in well-built places. The latest home is potentially awesome for us, but the couple and girl that are either side of me seem to have come to the same realisation long before I moved in, so either they don't have sex or they do it when everyone's out... damn!!

Only advice I can give you is the doors are nearly always the week point. Even decent thick doors often have a slight gap underneath, which gives the sound an escape route. Your best bet would probably be to find out how good the doors are at sound proofing. Put some music on in your apartment, go out to run an errand or whatever and leave it playing. Spend a few seconds longer than normal outside and you'll get an idea of how much gets through. If you can still tell what song is playing and the music isn't shockingly loud, it's probably worth seeing if there's a safe spot to drop a recorder overnight now and then anywhere close to her apartment. If there is, you might be in business. With the music, you want to be listening out for the mid and high frequences really. Without getting into the science of it, tons of bass leaking through doesn't mean you're gonna get a good recording, but if you can hear mids and highs your chances are good.

Of corse, there's the torture of going through the recordings of a whole night each time, often to find nothing good, but I for one enjoy that part of the hunt so would be happy to help.