Device for opened Window to catch Sounds in the Street

For hardware related questions and answers, notes, instructions
man69

Device for opened Window to catch Sounds in the Street

Post by man69 »

Hi,

in the last two Days I've captured two Lovesongs from my opened Window but the Quality is really crappy, or at least very modest...

The Sounds are mostly cleare to hear for me but the Mic has such a big self-noise that the captures are really bad and most of the Time there is nothing to hear of them.
Yesterday's session went about one hour and todays one I guess even the same but I've heard it too late today, I guess, so I even started too late.

I will cut the crappy and upload the interesting parts of the files. But I don't guess that they will be good Uploads... :roll:

So now my Question:

Can you recommend some "good" (payable... ;) ) Devices for this intended ambience? It must not be stealth because I guess it would just increase the price and / or decrease the PPR. A good recorder to place at my own Window, nothing special, just something with a good price-performance-ratio would be well...

If the selfproduced noise from the Device would be less and the clarity of the captured frequencies / sounds even higher that would be really appreciating and it would be able to work on the captured files. This way it is more like wasted time...to call it truly :roll:

Thanks for all your Thoughts on this Problem and all of your Recommendations either, for sure!

PS: I still do not know whether to upload those Files...if I will not be able to work on these Files for Clarity or Noise-Reduction, I have tried so but the Quality is really a disgrace... And in case of the endurance of the Files I have to cut-out the uninteresting Parts like my own coughs or even the cars, trains and most of the people walking and speaking on the streets. If I do it I will link up that Thread here (if I should upload them)