Sony MDR 7506 Headphones

For hardware related questions and answers, notes, instructions
emmpet8
Knight

Sony MDR 7506 Headphones

Post by emmpet8 »

I've just got a new set of headphones and I'm really impressed with them for the money. (Not cheap but seem great value for the quality of sound.)

for a long time I used a set of Sennheiser HD 25 SP headphones, but they got long in the tooth and bits started to drop off. Having looked at a few reviews, I replaced them with a relatively cheaper set of AKG K92s which seemed fine for the money. Recently a family member needed some new ones, so I gave them the AKGs and purchased the Sonys, having had them recommended by a sound engineer.

The difference is amazing. I'm hearing things that I didn't know were there in some files. My ears aren't the best, having worked with bands and in other noisy environments, but these phones have improved things a lot. Also, they do a good job in cancelling out a lot of the external sounds.
Quadrophenia1

Re: Sony MDR 7506 Headphones

Post by Quadrophenia1 »

Emmpet8, the Sony MDR-7506 (studio) and the MDR-V6 (home) have both been audio legends since 1985. How many times have you seen television announcers, radio announcers and studio musicians wearing them during the last 30 years? I've lost count. I strongly believe they're the best headphones in the World for under $100. Yes...... there certainly are more expensive headphones out there that sound better, but you will NOT find anything in the ""under $100" category that can match the Sony MDR's.
reggind
Knight

Post by reggind »

Sennheiser has a crappy warranty. I am not sure about Sony. Koss has been very good to me.
Quadrophenia1

Post by Quadrophenia1 »

Yes, Reggind. Koss makes a good set too. It's hard to believe the Koss Pro 4AA has been around since 1970!