Advice about booking a hotel

General discussion about sexsounds
- no uploads here -
smathewc

Advice about booking a hotel

Post by smathewc »

So - My wife is going away for a couple of weeks soon. As she's away and I won't have to explain my movements, I was thinking of being really naughty and checking into a local cheap hotel JUST to listen for sex. Isn't that fucking filthy!? Anyway, I was going to ask members for advice as to whether Friday or Saturday night would be better in their opinion. I'm thinking of an EasyHotel in the UK - cheap and cheerful!

Thanks
Simon
yeppie
Site Admin

Re: Advice about booking a hotel

Post by yeppie »

smathewc wrote: 29 Oct 2022 23:55 So - My wife is going away for a couple of weeks soon. As she's away and I won't have to explain my movements, I was thinking of being really naughty and checking into a local cheap hotel JUST to listen for sex. Isn't that fucking filthy!? Anyway, I was going to ask members for advice as to whether Friday or Saturday night would be better in their opinion. I'm thinking of an EasyHotel in the UK - cheap and cheerful!

Thanks
Simon
Good idea, Simon but please be careful.
I think both nights would be a good choice, so book both :-)
If I would have to decide, I´d probably take the Saturday option.
Sexsounds are Poetry for Adults
sndprv
Knight

Post by sndprv »

smathewc wrote: 29 Oct 2022 23:55 So - My wife is going away for a couple of weeks soon. As she's away and I won't have to explain my movements, I was thinking of being really naughty and checking into a local cheap hotel JUST to listen for sex. Isn't that fucking filthy!? Anyway, I was going to ask members for advice as to whether Friday or Saturday night would be better in their opinion. I'm thinking of an EasyHotel in the UK - cheap and cheerful!
EasyHotel had some good deals for their hotels 4-5 years ago to attract customers to stay in some of their
new hotels (in London and elsewhere). I visited one on a Friday night in January 2018 and caught some hot sounds.
See thread: viewtopic.php?t=7209

But now they seem to think they can charge high rates purely on the basis of demand for rooms and the location of
their hotels. Why bother when their rooms don't even have a kettle, and you can stay at a similar priced (or even
cheaper) room in another budget hotel chain that does have a kettle?

So I'm not sure what they're like now for capturing young couples, now that there is a crisis. But it's worth a shot,
because they're really 'easy' [ :mrgreen: ] for capturing couples, as the only member of staff on duty during the night
won't leave the reception desk, unless there is an emergency (for example).
Last edited by sndprv on 01 Nov 2022 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
"BE YOUR OWN LEADER, YOU FEEBLE BERK!" -- 1980s London graffiti
jcd77

Post by jcd77 »

Stayed in an easyhotel in Birmingham (UK) and the rooms felt like they were hermetically sealed. No sounds in or out unfortunately. Sure they're all different, but cheap does not always equate to thin walls/doors etc. At least in modern hotels. I did suggest in the "Places" sub-forum a while back we should start a list of hotels (per country) but there was zero interest. For me, corridor CCTV was a line I will not cross. (there was none in that EasyHotel BTW).
sndprv
Knight

Post by sndprv »

jcd77 wrote: 31 Oct 2022 23:10 Stayed in an easyhotel in Birmingham (UK) and the rooms felt like they were hermetically sealed. No sounds in or out unfortunately. Sure they're all different, but cheap does not always equate to thin walls/doors etc. At least in modern hotels. I did suggest in the "Places" sub-forum a while back we should start a list of hotels (per country) but there was zero interest. For me, corridor CCTV was a line I will not cross. (there was none in that EasyHotel BTW).
The newly built ones are like this (i.e. 'built from scratch'), but there are some that are made from
converted office blocks, like the one I visited. There was no CCTV in the corridors (or the lift lobbies,
I think). The only annoying thing was that you had to use the lift to get to any floor, as the staircase
was for emergency use only. Mind you, I think they were still refurbishing it at the time - which was
why the rates were low - so that might have been temporary.
smathewc

Post by smathewc »

jcd77 wrote: 31 Oct 2022 23:10 Stayed in an easyhotel in Birmingham (UK) and the rooms felt like they were hermetically sealed. No sounds in or out unfortunately. Sure they're all different, but cheap does not always equate to thin walls/doors etc. At least in modern hotels. I did suggest in the "Places" sub-forum a while back we should start a list of hotels (per country) but there was zero interest. For me, corridor CCTV was a line I will not cross. (there was none in that EasyHotel BTW).
You're right. From what I've seen these EasyHotels have lots of internal rooms with no windows. I don't know how they're constructed. I wonder if I should go for an old Travelodge instead. I used to get lots of good listening in when staying in 1970s built Travelodges in London.
smathewc

Post by smathewc »

sndprv wrote: 31 Oct 2022 20:08
EasyHotel had some good deals for their hotels 4-5 years ago to attract customers to stay in some of their
new hotels (in London and elsewhere). I visited one on a Friday night in January 2018 and caught some hot sounds.
See thread: viewtopic.php?t=7209

But now they seem to think they can charge high rates purely on the basis of demand for rooms and the location of
their hotels. Why bother when their rooms don't even have a kettle, and you can stay at a similar priced (or even
cheaper) room in another budget hotel chain that does have a kettle?

So I'm not sure what they're like now for capturing young couples, now that there is a crisis. But it's worth a shot,
because they're really 'easy' [ :mrgreen: ] for capturing couples, as the only member of staff on duty during the night
won't leave the reception desk, unless there is an emergency (for example).
That's an important point about the only member of staff on the desk isn't gonna start checking things out in the corridors (and I'm definitely going to be trawling each and every corridor several times from 11pm onwards!!!)
sndprv
Knight

Post by sndprv »

Next time you're in Birmingham, I recommend staying at the Rowton Hotel on a Friday night if you wanna
capture a few young couples (but stay out of sight until about after 7pm).

But there's nothing special about the hotel itself. The review below sums it up. Oh, and the area it's located
in is absolutely shit. I mean, there is literally nothing there apart from a small, crappy corner shop. Boring!

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Rev ... gland.html
Costacat09 wrote a review Mar 2019

Horrendous Hotel - do not stay here

The hotel itself looks like a prison. The rooms have single glazed windows which you mean you freeze the entire
night in their filthy room. 2am we were woken up by our neighbours having se* extremely loud for hours!!!
We went out into the hall way to knock on the door and smelt weed seaping into our room. We called reception
(from our mobile as there is no phone in the room) who came upstairs and stood outside the door waiting for the
neighbours to stop being loud, rather than politely asking them to keep the noise down and stop the weed inside.
Eventually, they switched our rooms. Switched to a new room where a heater wasn’t working! Thank you for the
WORST night of my existence. And please don’t bother replying with your apology, the way you made us sleep was
horrendous! I’ve had a better nights sleep in my car (which is what we almost resorted to it was that bad).

Do not stay at this hotel (pigstie)!!

EDIT: Just seen this: Victorian Gothic Digbeth hotel 'once earmarked for asylum seekers' listed for sale
smathewc

Post by smathewc »

I suppose that's the thing to do - find the hotels with the worst reviews (especially if it mentions loud sex or thin walls) and then book it!
sndprv
Knight

Post by sndprv »

^Has always worked for me.
jcd77

Post by jcd77 »

smathewc wrote: 29 Oct 2022 23:55 That's an important point about the only member of staff on the desk isn't gonna start checking things out in the corridors (and I'm definitely going to be trawling each and every corridor several times from 11pm onwards!!!)
Have you done this before? It's harder than it looks. You need a real brass neck to stand still in a corridor for a prolonged period, where anyone could come out their room/look through their peephole/enter the corridor. I actually saw (through said peephole) some lad doing it in a hotel in Leeds. Looked like a raving sex-job. "Hello" if you're on here (propbably is).

I've found it more effective to narrow the options. Works better if there's a larger, busy lobby you can sit in. When a couple hits the lifts, follow them in. Let them do the button, then make some show of going to press for your own floor, but - coincidnece of coincidences - they've already pressed it. On exiting the lift, let them go first and go in the opposite direction. But keep tabs on where they go. Approximate is fine, you'll find it. But now you've a small range and you're not just standing around. Drop your USB and get out of there. Retrieve in a few hours, or even the following morning. Plus as a bonus you've seen them. Best to have 2-3 USBs for this approach, so you can rinse and repeat. Bit of blu-tac on the back and you can stick it somewhere unobtrusive.

Looking forward to your results!
smathewc

Post by smathewc »

jcd77 wrote: 06 Nov 2022 00:20
smathewc wrote: 29 Oct 2022 23:55 That's an important point about the only member of staff on the desk isn't gonna start checking things out in the corridors (and I'm definitely going to be trawling each and every corridor several times from 11pm onwards!!!)
Have you done this before? It's harder than it looks. You need a real brass neck to stand still in a corridor for a prolonged period, where anyone could come out their room/look through their peephole/enter the corridor. I actually saw (through said peephole) some lad doing it in a hotel in Leeds. Looked like a raving sex-job. "Hello" if you're on here (propbably is).

I've found it more effective to narrow the options. Works better if there's a larger, busy lobby you can sit in. When a couple hits the lifts, follow them in. Let them do the button, then make some show of going to press for your own floor, but - coincidnece of coincidences - they've already pressed it. On exiting the lift, let them go first and go in the opposite direction. But keep tabs on where they go. Approximate is fine, you'll find it. But now you've a small range and you're not just standing around. Drop your USB and get out of there. Retrieve in a few hours, or even the following morning. Plus as a bonus you've seen them. Best to have 2-3 USBs for this approach, so you can rinse and repeat. Bit of blu-tac on the back and you can stick it somewhere unobtrusive.

Looking forward to your results!
Yes, I've done it many times before - a few years ago though, before even smartphones could record particularly well! I used to just stand and listen, not record. It was mostly Travelodges (there for work) and I would trawl the corridors late at night. Oh yes, I had the brass neck to stand still in corridors, listening. If I heard the lift arrive or a door open I'd immediately be ready to walk on and start looking busy on my phone or something... Standing still and listening in a corridor late at night is actually a great thrill for me! What I need now is a pair of joggers with a bottomless pocket!

Yes, if I get a result, I will post it here!
jcd77

Post by jcd77 »

Good for you, if everyone was like me there'd be precious few recordings! I'd say Traveloges are a good bet, although you do seem to get groups of friends staying there on Fri/Sat nights (have done so myself). a) they're unlikely to get up to anything and b) their presence could be disruptive. Remember Newcastle being especially wild, but not in a sexy way. I'm going to say it again though: cameras are your enemy. We need an updatable list of good and bad hotels. A few favourites of mine have introduced cameras recently, and it's a total bust of a visit if that happens. Really hope you get something, feels like you're going that extra mile!
listen48

Post by listen48 »

If you can check in early afternoon probably best to sleep first so you can be ready for the night. Yes you are probably more likely to hear something at night. But i have woken up for a pee at about 3am and caught some amazing sex. And what about our early morning erections? Yes sex before breakfast is also a possibility.