Site was down

yeppie
Site Admin

Site was down

Post by yeppie »

For about 12 hours all database based parts of the site had been down as the database server crashed tonight. This was caused by the hard-disk being full :oops:
I have deleted some files that weren´t necessary and restarted the database server. Everything is up again for the moment but I already asked the provider to replace the HDD by bigger ones - waiting for a reply when this will happen.

The archives have not been affected by this.

Sorry for the downtime. Hasn´t happened for a long time before ... we´re growing too big, obviously ;-)
Sexsounds are Poetry for Adults
yeppie
Site Admin

Re: Site was down

Post by yeppie »

A few server reboots will be necessary to install new hard-disks. These should only take 10 minutes each, so no worries if you can´t open the forum or the archive temporarily, the site will come up again soon.
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

yeppie wrote: 29 Oct 2023 19:42 A few server reboots will be necessary to install new hard-disks. These should only take 10 minutes each, so no worries if you can´t open the forum or the archive temporarily, the site will come up again soon.
I have to say sorry again. And Fuck!

The last downtime took about 2 hours instead of 10 minutes as usual. They swapped another hard-drive on the server but they accidentally removed the wrong one. I have got no detailed explanation from the provider yet but I got really nervous this time.
Good thing is, we are back, nothing seems to be lost. And I hope they will be more careful from now on.

Apologies never the less. Now work goes on.
thomas
Knight

Post by thomas »

Hi yeppie, thanks a lot for taking care on this, great to see the site is back to life... ;-)