New Hardware - Downtime Announcement for Friday

yeppie
Site Admin

New Hardware - Downtime Announcement for Friday

Post by yeppie »

The server is going to be renewed - this will cause a longer downtime for all parts of the site.

Friday 3/11 the server will be shut down to allow a swap of harddisks. When this has been done by the provider, I will rebuild the operating system and all parts of the site: forum, archive and homepage.

The process will start between 8.30 and 10.30 GMT+1 on Friday (new confirmed date).

I expect the forum to be back a few hours later on early afternoon, the archive will follow and should be reachable in the evening. It will take some more time until all files have been added to the archives again, this will be finished Saturday 4/11, in the morning hours, probably.

I will backup the data once more shortly before the process begins so no data should be lost. Please refrain from posting and uploading from 8.15 GMT+1 on Friday until the forum has returned.

Archive members whose subscription ends 3/11 already received two free extra days.

This has become necessary as the hardware might fail otherwise. After the swap we're going have a reliable system again and double the space for future growth!
Sexsounds are Poetry for Adults
yeppie
Site Admin

Re: New Hardware - Downtime Announcement for Friday

Post by yeppie »

The forum and the homepage are back now!

We not only have got double disk space now but a newer and better processor rack for the server.

The archives are in the process of reuploading all files which will be finished within a few hours.

There still is a problem with a 500 internal server error which prevent the archive home page to be loaded. I haven´t yet found the reasons for this but am be busy working on this. The files haven´t been changed and everything else seems to work fine.
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

At the moment I have someone look into this.
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

The expert I wanted to hire reacts very slowly but I solved the first problem myself.
The archive can be opened now but if you click on a subfolder there is a 403 permission error. You may try for yourself if it works for you.

All files have been reuploaded, the archive is complete. The files are accessible over the "Latest Archive Uploads" link on the right (under the heading Bookmarks).

Yeah, small steps towards success ...