some hotel experiences with software problems...

For software related questions and answers, notes, instructions
jinhui
Kingpin

some hotel experiences with software problems...

Post by jinhui »

hi everybody.

since some weeks i have to stay in hotels from sunday night to friday morning.
now after 2 different hotels and some nights there i have already made some experiences.

in the first hotel i stayed only for one night, but i took my crappy recorder (which totally sucks!!) with me in case if i get bored or whatever...

i have set up the recorder in front of my door when i went to bed. then a few days later when i checked the recordings i found "one" female moan. nevertheless it was only one noise and the quality was poor too.

second hotel: this time i have taken my notebook and my logitech desktop microphone(3.5mm) with me.
the thing is... that the internal soundcard got busted during the train ride and i had to buy some usb soundstick first...

there has been a couple, which i thought would stay next to my room, making sounds with dirty talk and shit... (i have checked the paytv preview to make sure it's not the tv :-D)

so i have set up my mic under my door and pointed it in the direction of the door, that i assumed they were behind...
simultaneous i have listened to the noises with some headphones attached to the notebook.
and now there's the funny part: i have heard whispers of some (older) couple. i did not really get the words they were saying, but i'm sure they have opened their door a little bit to hear that couple going at it. the only thing i have understood was in german "komm, komm wieder rein" which means "come, come back inside" (in the room). but that was after they (and i of course) listened for about an hour.

i thought i had recorded everything, but cooledit still used the damaged internal soundcard as recording device and so i had nothing :-(

the next evening i placed my mic again and just listened without recording. i heard some sounds but no whispers this time. the plan was to knock on the couples door when they are really loud to tell them to be quiet because i had to get up early for work.
well, mostly i just wanted to see how they look like ;-)

so i went down the floor and found the room at THE END of the floor :-D
not really near my room as i assumed before.

i have waited in front of the couples door to knock when they are really noisy but i didn't have luck with that. i had to walk away some times because of other guests...

after a while a couple arrived and i had a look at them when they entered a room right between mine and the noisy couples room. i have only seen the guy who was about 50 years old, maybe a little bit older. soon the whispers started again so i was sure that this couple were the spies.

i didn't see any open doors where that older couple could have spied on them again. maybe they were just inside their room and listened through the door this time...

i heard that the noisy couple watched the champions league game on tv which was going to start in some minutes... so i placed my mic under my door again and placed myself in front of the tv to watch the game too. (this time i used the usb soundstick for recording ;-) )

so now... that's it. i have some soundfile that may contain some sounds for you people, but there is a lot of tv noise and also a little bit noise caused by the elevator and the recording itself...

at this point i need some advise how to remove that "recording noise" from the complete file so i can check out if there was anything worth listening going on.

i have cooledit and adobe audition. but i'm not really firm with that tools and maybe someone of you has a little bit more expertise with that and can help me out.

i will upload a short sample of the recording here to "show" you the noises which have to be removed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yeppie
Site Admin

Re: some hotel experiences with software problems...

Post by yeppie »

@everybody: please do not wonder about the .txt filetype. jinhui is a clever guy who knows how to disregard the settings. I have set upload rules of this subforum to "no sounds allowed" just to make sure that sound contributions are uploaded to the sounds forums. But as a sample does make sense here, neglecting this rule is ok in this case.
Just rename the file to sample.mp3 after downloading and you can listen to it.

Jinhui, I'm afraid even a sound guru won't be able to remove the talking and tv noises from your recording. But as I am not one of those experts, I could be wrong.

Your story sounds great, I love the thought of another couple listening too, thanks for that. A shame that your recording disappeared in Nirvana. Hopefully you will catch something as good as this soon.
Sexsounds are Poetry for Adults
jinhui
Kingpin

Re: some hotel experiences with software problems...

Post by jinhui »

well, the first recording got lost... but this second went good.

i know that i can't remove the tv and other noises cause they are too random.
maybe i could cut out some of them if possible and neccessary.
what i mean is the noise caused by the recording/mic itself.
maybe it's possible to filter a specific frequency to remove that noise without loosing the rest of the sounds.

so all adobe audition experts, pls help me out :-)

btw: i've recorded my neighbour yesterday evening... had to climb outside my window on top of the roof to place the mic by the gutter. (she lives one floor below)
i think i recorded them through their closed windows, i'm not sure cause i can't see down there.
will see if there is anything worth listening too ;-)