topic auto-expands to let you view all replies

For your questions and ideas regarding this group
mjj9994
Knight

Just a question about the new board...

Post by mjj9994 »

Yeppie -

I have seen similar boards to this and when you click on a topic, it auto-expands to let you view all replies as well. Is it possible to incorporate this option here, or would it be too difficult to modify? Just curious.... sometimes I get a little confused while navigating when I have to look at the 'replies' box to see if there is any new activity for a topic... seems that if you could view all the replies when you clicked on a topic it may be easier for the users.... just curious if it is an option.

Thanks again and great work!

- Mark
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

Hi Mark

I split this question to a new topic for easier navigation and moved it to the FAQ category.

Although I´m not totally sure that I do understand you question (I think I do): I do not know if this would be possible and I do not know if this would make it easier to navigate.
If you want to get a quick overview of new replies, there already are two comfortable ways:
Click on "new topics since last visit" (on the right side, above the forum)
or
look at the symbols on the left of the topics. If the symbol is grey, there are no new messages since you last visit. If the topic contains new messages, the symbol turns to orange.

Did this answer your question?

cu
yeppie
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

btw. there is a third and even a fourth option:
3) you can select a topic to be watched. you will receive an email if there is a new reply. just look at the text link below each topic (on the left).
4) install a feed reader (for example the one in the downloads) and it will automatically grab all new messages to your computer.
learnhownow
Kingpin

Re: Just a question about the new board...

Post by learnhownow »

mjj9994 wrote:Yeppie -

I have seen similar boards to this and when you click on a topic, it auto-expands to let you view all replies as well. Is it possible to incorporate this option here, or would it be too difficult to modify?
- Mark
Hey Mark,
If I understand your question, I think all you need to do is set the option to show all posts at the bottom of the page.
:D