Size vs Quality

For hardware related questions and answers, notes, instructions
startingnew

Size vs Quality

Post by startingnew »

Well might as well start this forum out right.. Size vs Quality, no not that size :wink: Will be giving this a try when i go visit a friend but the only audio device I will have is a PDA. There are a bunch of options for 8,000 Hz to 44,100 Hz in 8 or 16bit and mono or stereo. So whats the best combination of frequency for file size to upload and audio quality?
NiteProwler

Post by NiteProwler »

I think the recording should be as good as possible. It can be compressed later.

What kind of PDA do you own? There is a cool software that directly records to MP3 on Pocket PCs.

Cheers,

NiteProwler
startingnew

Post by startingnew »

It is a pocket pc, windows mobile 2003. Any recomendation you have would be appreciated.
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

NiteProwler wrote:I think the recording should be as good as possible. It can be compressed later.
Definitely right, the only other factor to keep in mind is the capacity that your pda offers for recorded files. If it is going to be a longer session, you might run out of space. An hour of recording can end in file size between 3mb and 600mb.
NiteProwler

Post by NiteProwler »

startingnew wrote:It is a pocket pc, windows mobile 2003. Any recomendation you have would be appreciated.
Check out this great tool:

http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php?soft=626

and keep 'em cumming ;-)

Cheers,

NiteProwler