Audition Sound Remover

For software related questions and answers, notes, instructions
emmpet8
Knight

Audition Sound Remover

Post by emmpet8 »

Hi,

Some while back I mentioned a new feature in Audition CC that I hadn't had time to look at and yeppie expressed an interest when I did. I apologise for the delay, but have now given it a quick try. I took the liberty of using 20 secs from Motel_Sex_543f (thanks for the great downloads yeppie). I used it because of the air conditioning noise that runs through it, or whatever it is. The clip is near enough 4.15 to 4.25 of the original. I didn't spend long working on it, so maybe better results can be achieved with a more sophisticated approach, but here's the before and after to see what folks think. Bye the way I did delete the lowest frequencies from about 280k, but this is just force of habit, so that's nothing to do with the Sound Remover.

The first clip is without any Sound Remover processing at all and there's a screen capture of the Spectral Frequency Display. The second has the Sound Remover processing applied from 8 secs onwards and there's also a capture of the Spectral Frequency Display from that clip. In case anyone is not familiar with SFD it displays lowest to highest frequencies from bottom to top and volume is indicated by brightness, so bright yellow is loudest.

I would be interested to see how well members of the community think it works. I find it very difficult to be objective when I've worked on something, even if it was only a quick attempt. Second clip to follow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
emmpet8
Knight

Re: Audition Sound Remover

Post by emmpet8 »

With Sound Remover
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
findu
Kingpin

Post by findu »

Hi yes the 2nd one is definitely better although it will be more clear if you use this on a sound file where the extra sound actually has a negative effect on the file. In the example you use the sound is very clear, even in the original.

Try using this on one of the 'through the ventilation shaft' files and then you will see if it really makes a different where it matters..

8)
emmpet8
Knight

Post by emmpet8 »

findu wrote:
Try using this on one of the 'through the ventilation shaft' files and then you will see if it really makes a different where it matters..

8)
I know what you mean about 'where it matters' and somehow I doubt it will help. I will try when I get time, but got quite a bit of work on at the moment. Unfortunately Adobe are obviously aiming at the audio and video market, so not developing specific tools to help the worthy members of this forum. Pity really and if there is anyone out there who's on their development team you could become our hero.

I think the feature is aimed at video where a location interview or vocals suddenly get something like police sirens in the background. I did it because I posted about how to get Audition free for a period and mentioned the new feature, although not having tried it. When I did, yeppie expressed an interest in knowing if it was any good when I did get round to trying it.
RacerTEN

Post by RacerTEN »

emmpet8. Could you pm me please. Was wondering if I could pick your brain on what you all adjusted to get the results you did. I have a file with a horrible Air Conditioner noise I'm trying to get rid of.
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

Welcome RacerTEN!

No need to pm (although, of course, you may) - why not have all of us learn?
Sexsounds are Poetry for Adults