Winamp Filter

For software related questions and answers, notes, instructions
drmmob

Winamp Filter

Post by drmmob »

Hi all,

I am a newbie when it comes to audio so I just searched on google for some noise reduction. A lot of recordings have quite a lot of white noise so I allready read some of you use VLC with filters to reduce this white noise.

I am a fan of winamp so I was searching for some filters to implement on Winamp. Yesterday I stumbled across this filter for winamp. It works wonders for me. I thought I post it here so others can maybe use it as well. It contains two filters. Personally I prefer the first one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
reggind
Knight

Re: Winamp Filter

Post by reggind »

Thanks for the tip. I may try it out. Often times I do not like the way these type of things sound though. I think a big part of it is that I know how they work, and when you know how they work, you can hear them working, and that often times is much more annoying than the original problem. Still, once in a while I am surprised.

Now that the world has gone digital, a lot of things can be done in the digital realm and they don't have to be done in real time and the results can be quite good.