uploading help

For "how to do this" questions and answers, notes, instructions
Rograd

uploading help

Post by Rograd »

I tried to upload a file on my last couple of posts, but seem to have trouble. It was an .mp3 I went through the menu and it said it was uploaded, but I don't see it in my post. Am I doing something wrong, or do I need some sort of permission to post?

Thanks
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

Did you use the new upload script or did you attach the file to your message on the forum? The latter one does not work any more (only for pics), only the new script may be used for any other file type.
maohighki

Re: uploading help

Post by maohighki »

Why i couldn't find upload files section?? it would be much more better. Thanks.
mysx
Kingpin

Post by mysx »

I miss the list of downloads. Also the session times out too soon and
my latest post disappeard! You cannot wait too long when posting.

So far I've had to use View unanswered posts, View new posts
or View active topics
at the Board index to see the latest uploads.

When you want to upload, find the POSTREPLY button, go there and look
under Save - Preview - Submit. I'm sorry if my english isn't correct.
See picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sounds like sex
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

Thank you RP for the good description of the uploading process.
This has not changed with the new software.

The upload section / list of all uploads will reappear as soon as possible. I tried to setup an addon for this last night but the script did not work properly. But I will keep an eye on that script and integrate it when the errors have been fixed.

I have not experienced session time outs so far since the new software is in work (hat them quite often before) but if this happens to other members too, please keep me informed. In general the forums have become faster. The session time in the forum is set to two hours, if it comes to time outs, this might be a result of a combination of a slow connection and the server side php settings (which I probably cannot influence).
Sexsounds are Poetry for Adults
mysx
Kingpin

Post by mysx »

yeppie wrote:I have not experienced session time outs...
Maybe it wasn't session time out. Maybe it was some kind of auto-refresh?
Also I've been logged out without reason. Probably something "haphazard".
Sounds like sex
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

Well, we have two server-side "time-out" settings which are max_execution_time for php scripts (30 sec) and mysql.connect_timeout (60 sec). Both lead to an error message if a process takes longer, for example because of a slow connection. Trying again seems to be the only option to handle this (besides praying, having a cup of tea or whatever your favorite mojo is).

We had the double-login-problem once before when I changed some settings so there is a thread about deleting cookies that might include the solution. You will find it here.
Sexsounds are Poetry for Adults