WMA files

For software related questions and answers, notes, instructions
georgehale

WMA files

Post by georgehale »

Hi,

Does anyone know how I might go about converting "Windows media audio files" into mp3s? Or if I uploaded some wma files to this site, would somebody else be able to convert them off here? Thanks!
yeppie
Site Admin

Re: WMA files

Post by yeppie »

I still recommend these tools
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2648#p11551
but all windows based audio converters should be able to convert wma to mp3.
Sexsounds are Poetry for Adults
jinhui
Kingpin

Post by jinhui »

I use foobar as a player ( http://www.foobar2000.org/download ) with lame.exe as mp3 encoder ( http://www.rarewares.org/files/mp3/lame3.99.5.zip ).

best regards,
jinhui
georgehale

Post by georgehale »

Thanks Yeppie, the free player works fine. Item #2 on my glitch list is, I don't seem to have a way of playing minidiscs out loud (only earphones). My computer's microphone is never going to pick that up!
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

Minidiscs, really?
That brings back memories. I think you can connect the earphone plug with the line-in of your computer´s soundcard - if it got a line-in jack.
sc0tt-uk
Knight

Post by sc0tt-uk »

yeppie wrote:Minidiscs, really?
Oi, don't mock the mighty minidisc. I loved that format until Sony went DRM crazy. Got a big stack of minidiscs here containing many, many captures of a much, much younger Sc0tt. I really need to digitize them before the minidiscs start crumbling into dust, but have never found a drive-based solution to get my hands directly on the files, and recording all of these in real time would be such a ballbuster.
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

I loved my minidisc recorder, too.
Please just begin recording these recordings ;-) . Once they are digitized, you can leave them on your hdd until you find some more time for editing. You might enjoy listening to young Sc0tt´s deeds.