Microphone advice anyone?

For hardware related questions and answers, notes, instructions
Onlooker
Kingpin

Microphone advice anyone?

Post by Onlooker »

Hi fellow listeners,

As some of you may know I have a Phillips DVT6000 in use. The mics are good, but I want to improve the results with an external mic. My problem is the static noise which isn't as easy to remove as I would like. What external mic would you suggest that doesn't cost a fortune?
Or maybe someone can help improve the results with the onboard mic settings?
I love aural sex.
HeWhoHsNoNm

Re: Microphone advice anyone?

Post by HeWhoHsNoNm »

If any one looks at this section or topic there is this and some other type that looks like an earbud along with some extented cord to it. Both on Amazon website
HeWhoHsNoNm

Post by HeWhoHsNoNm »

reggind
Knight

Post by reggind »

If you are comfortable with simple electronics look at the BT-EM172, these are as far as I can tell, the nicest elements out there. They are small and ultra low noise. You can amplify the heck out of these and still get a sound that is not buried in hiss. You need to add a couple simple components, a connector to fit your recorder and a 9V battery. These go for about $10 a pop.

Here is a link to the datasheet: http://www.froglogger.com/Documents/EM1 ... at=13&en=1
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

Now this is interesting, Reg! Wouldn´t you be able to provide the community with a batch of these microphones, assembled to work out of the box? Which kind of recorder would you connect?
Sexsounds are Poetry for Adults
reggind
Knight

Post by reggind »

I need to add when I say you can amplify the heck out of these and get a sound that is not buried in hiss, I was talking about self noise in the mic. If there is any noise in the room, obviously, that is going to be amplified. You also have noise from the amplifier...

I have been pondering making some mic's based on these modules for a while now. What I envision is a the small mic element on the end of a 2' long flexible aluminum stem, with a 3D printed "head" for the mic. The stem could be bent into a circle etc and than snaked up or down for desktop or floor use or snaked between walls etc.

The mic would have a small control box that would house the power supply. Sadly, these mic;s don't reach their peak performance without near 9V on them as detailed in the spec sheets and most little recorders only provide a couple of volts. I guess I could try and 3D print a little holder for 6 of the little laser pointer type cells, but it seems easier to have a little box with one regular 9V battery inside. That would not be discrete, though I would leave off things like a power on LED that would really make it stand out. I guess a little push button could be added to momentarily turn on a power LED just to give you that "all systems go" feeling...

The power box would terminate with either a 1/4" or a 3.5mm female audio jack, and you would have to pick up or make a cord that connects from that to your preferred device.

Your average person could get one of the elements and the few electrical components and McGiver these together with duct tape or what not, but be functional for I would guess in the $20 price range. Probably less. My devices with the little control box and 3D printed pieces would have to be more. Anybody good with CAD and making STL models for 3D printing. Ping me off line. It would be cool if we could turn this into a community project.