what shall we do with the youtube clips?

For your questions and ideas regarding this group

what is your preference concerning the storage of youtube clips

keep only sounds in the archives
30%
keep only videos in the archives
7%
keep both videos and sounds in the archives
63%

Total votes: 43

yeppie
Site Admin

what shall we do with the youtube clips?

Post by yeppie »

yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

there was a f*** mistake. the third option hasn´t shown up (keep both) at first so if you were an early voter you might have missed it. sorry for that.
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

Thanks Doron for campaigning!

The poll is open for 21 days now. Nevertheless, there are only 16 votes of 2.700 members with more than 100 of them visiting each day (4028 visitor counts in November).

Last chance for Democracy!
We are going to celebrate the forum´s second and the community´s fifth birthday on 20 December 2008. If we have 50 votes by then, I will do what the majority prefers. If the impression that nearly nobody is interested has become a manifest evidence by that day, I will decide this question on my own.

hohoho ain´t that bad?
doron

Post by doron »

yeppie - you probebly mean 2007.
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

<i>yeppie - you probebly mean 2007.</i>

I did. Being avant-garde can be confusing sometimes.
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

Well, we haven´t made the 50 votes but 28 is a record nevertheless. Sometimes a bit of pressure does work.

As I told you, I´m going to decide on my own now and my decision is to keep both videos and sounds of the youtube clips in the archives. I´d call this a democratic dictatorship as my decision accords with the majority by accident ,-)

The clips will be saved as flv (flash video) files. You will need either a flash video player or a tool to convert those files to wmv or avi. Any helping hand that uploads sounds and clips from youtube is welcome.
doron

Post by doron »

HAZZA!!!!

what does it mean about ulisten? will it live on? how do we upload to it?

doron
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

<quote="doron">what does it mean about ulisten? will it live on? how do we upload to it?
Well, I have not decided yet but I don´t think so at the moment because nobody ever seems to use it. I will keep the linked youtube clips in the archives but ulisten seems too less of a nice-to-have addon.

You still can´t upload to ulisten but you still can submit a clip. The upload feature is promised for the next version of the script if that ever will see the light of day (not my script). Submit, that is what the "submit" button is for.

I´m going to find my ulisten admin password now, so I can approve clips should there be one to be approved.
yeppie
Site Admin

Post by yeppie »

Oh, there have been 4 clips to be approved - all have been submitted by myself ... how could I forget.

These clips are somewhat special, not really voyeur clips, neither audio or video voyeurism, but still kind of voyeuristic. They have been shown on German MTV and show an evening with Charlotte Roche and four more or less prominent persons from the German media scene (Kim Fischer, Mieze from the band Mia, Ferris MC and the great Roger Willemsen). They are speaking german but the clips come with english subtitles.

They meet at Charlotte´s apartment to drink, smoke and chat while playing truth or dare. See for yourself (category "other"). I loved it.